- Cabins: 4
- Heads: 4
- Showers: 4
- Watertank Size: 0 Litres
- Engine Make: 4JH4-TE
- Horsepower: 2 x75hp
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type: Diesel
- Fuel Tank Size: 570 Litres
- Price: $539,500
- Location: Preveza, Greece
- Year: 2010
- LOA: 48'0" (14.63m)
- Berths: 8
- Keel: Other
- ID no.: 22F8512825
The Knysna 480- Stunning, serious cruising catamaran.
Designed by the Angelo Lavranos, who balances aesthetic design, engineering, and with offshore experience. Knysna may not be the best -known name in the field of vanilla catamarans but it doesn't have to be. The quality and attention to detail speaks for itself. In addition, this yacht has only had one owner her entire life.
MEKA is a nicely performing blue water tough catamaran for voyaging that offers beautiful interior woodwork and finish and sturdy build.
She will easily pull speeds in the low teens and sail 20% faster than most production cats. She has an elevated bridge deck, hard-top bimini cleanly integrated into a streamlined coach-house, protected bulkhead helm station that offers excellent visibility of sail plan and from which helmsman has access to all lines and winches, wide open deck space and aft walkways ensure safe boat handling and movement, spacious cockpit area for entertaining and modern interior styling.
The quality of build and attention to detail is evident throughout.
Same hull as the Knysna 500 in every respect but her sterns – her interior volume is identical.
Highlights listed below but included in the full specification:
* Spectra watermaker
* Air conditioning throughout
* 2 x 75 HP Yanmar 4JH4-TE engines
* Four Staterooms with en suites
* Sails mostly new
* Boat well maintained
* One owner from new
Take a look at all the other boats in this category, then decide
*Survey Condition Report available to serious buyers*
- Type: Sail
- Cruising Custom Catamaran
- Builder: Kynsna Yacht Co. (South Africa)
- Model: Kynsna 48
- Hull: Fibreglass(GRP)
- Type: Catamaran
- Designer: Naval Arch: Angelo Lavranos
- Built: South Africa
- Year of build: 2010
- Built to EU RCD Directive 94/25/EC
- HIN: ZA-KYC00062A910
- Registration: British Virgin Islands
The Knysna 480 is hand laid and vacuum-bagged using quadriaxial fiberglass cloth with vinyl ester resin and an NPG gelcoat (to help prevent blistering) over a 1in-thick Airex closed cell foam core. Builder Kevin Fouché adds four layers of International Gel Shield barrier coat below the water line.
- LOA: 14 .63 M / 48 feet
- LWL: 14.31 M / 42.42 feet
- Beam: 7.92 M/ 26 feet
- Draft: 1.22 M/ 4 feet
- Displacement- 12,450 kgs
- Engines: 2 x Yanmar 4JH4-TE Turbo 4-cylinder
- Engine Power: 2 x 75 HP
- Hours: Approx. 3240 Port / Approx. 3168 Stbd
- Fuel Type- Diesel
- Engine Cooling - Fresh water & Sea water
- Date Engine Last Serviced- May 2022
- Drive Type- sail drive
- SAIL DRIVES SERVICED IN MAY 2022
- 2 X Engine Room Blowers
- 4 X Rule 1500 Gph Bilge Pumps
- Water: 150 US GAL in 1 x Fiberglass tank
- Fuel: 150 US GAL in 1 x Fiberglass tank
- Holding: 2 x Fiberglass tanks
- water maker: spectra water maker; Catalina 300 – 59 LPH
- fresh water pumps 2 x sureflow (blaster)
- deck wash pump 1 x sureflow (blaster)
- Macerator pump
ELECTRICAL & BATTERIES
Yacht is a 110v boat including the generator. There is an additional battery charger for charging the batteries with 220v
- Batteries: Domestic Bank7 X 110ah (New May 2022)
- Batteries: Engine & Generator 3 X 24 Series Batteries (New May 2022)
- Vectron Power Panel New 2022
- 1 X 2500 Vectron Invertor/Charger Replaced 2022
- Battery Charger: Mastervolt (New 2020)
- Vectron Vbc
- Vectron Vvc
- Vectron Multiplus 12/3000 50a New 2022
- Generator: Northern Lights 9kva ( Hours 7562)
- Generator Fuel :Diesel
SPARS - RIGGING
- Type of Rig: Sloop
- Spars Material: Sparecraft Aluminum -original
- Mainsail Reefing - slab
- Lines lead aft to cockpit eg yes / no
- Stack-pack / Lazy jacks- eg No yes
- Furling Headsail
- Mainsail : fully battened
- Genoa: 130% (new in oct 2018
- Storm sail
- Mainsail stack pack (new 2018)
- Asymmetrical spinnaker new in 2019
- MAST HEIGHT 62.34ft
- MAINSAIL 785.77ft2
- GENOA 538.20ft2
- Running rigging, lines, sheets
- 1 X Harken Batcar System (With Racing Head On Mainsail)
- 1 X Lazy Jack System
- 1 X Profurl Furling Gear
- Winch handles 3 x
- Sheet bag in cockpit
- Sail repair kit
- Chart plotter/sonar: Garmin gpsmap 5012
- Radar: Garmin gnr 24 digital marine
- Displays (3) Garmin gmi 10 Multi -Displays (3)
- Wind Instrument: Garmin gws wind sensor
- Garmin 2.1 litre pump kit
- Garmin ghc 10 helm control display
- VHF Garmin /DSC
- Garmin ghs 10i wired mic
- AIS Garmin
- Garmin rf wireless mouse
- Raymarine smart pilot
- Raymarine wireless pilot control
The deck area is large, flat and makes sail handling a breeze. Forward, there is a catwalk which houses a chase for the main anchor chain. Just aft of the catwalk is the windlass and two large compartments which house the fuel and water tanks along with storage for fenders, lines, propane tanks, (etc.) and chain locker
3 new bean bags (New 2022) plus sun awning to cover trampoline area (New 2022)
- Windlass electric:
- Main Anchor: 1 X 85 Lb Manson Supreme
- 1 X 200 Feet Chain New In 2017
- Second Anchor: 1 X Fortress Anchor
- 1 X 20 Feet 5/16 Anchor Chain
- 2 X 150 Feet 5/8 Anchor Rode
- Lewmar 2 X 48 Electric
- Lewmar 1 X Lewmar 48ST
- Lewmar 4 X Lewmar 44 ST
- Lewmar 1 X Lewmar 36 ST
COCKPIT AND HELM STATION
From the helm, all instruments and controls are readily available and easy to see and use. You can see all points of the yacht and control sails with the winches, two of which are electric.
The cockpit table and lots of seating make this the favourite entertaining/dining area of the yacht. The cockpit refrigerator under the starboard seat is big enough to handle all your beverages and can also be a freezer when needed.
Under the seats, port and aft, are large storage lockers and a built-in scuba tank (4) holder/rack.
On the aft of the center seating are four compartments used for fishing equipment and
The double transom walk throughs allow access to the stern areas. There is a stern walkway with a food preparation area complete with a large gas Webber BBQ grill just forward of the dinghy davits.
The dinghy is positioned on the davit arms via the boom extension and main halyard, which hauls the dingy up and onto the davits.
The cockpit has three drop down sunbrella curtains for sun and rain control.
INTERIOR – DOMESTIC
4 doubles Staterooms
Headroom- Average 2M / 6ft 6 ‘
Heads 2 en-suite plus one skipper cabin
Well-equipped salon is entered from the cockpit via double sliding glass doors.
The u-shaped settee is upholstered in pale grey leather.
The varnished maple dining table is accented with an inlaid compass rose.
Forward in the saloon, there is a large shelf and dual wine racks on centreline.
The 360 degree panoramic view from the salon windows and doors make the area bright and cheerful.
The windows have removable sunscreens which keep the saloon cool on very hot days.
Aft to port in the salon is an entertainment centre with a Samsung led flat screen tv, a wine rack and glass cabinet with an isotherm 200lt fridge freezer combo unit.
To starboard of the dining area forward is the navigation station.
The navigation station is the control centre for MEKA.
From this area you have access to 12vdc and 110vac breakers, water maker control - monitor, battery banks and charging systems, generator start/stop/monitor, vhf radio,
And stereo CD/DVD/fm/am combo, tank gauges, air/con
1 x 12v power access point (cigarette lighter adaptor)
A vented shelf on top which houses the hp wireless printer and internet and a convenient drawer complete this well designed, functional station.
Aft ofthe navigation station in the main salon is the galley.
Designed with functionality in mind, this u-shaped galley offers Corian countertops and storage above and below.
The microwave, gas stove and oven with rotisserie make preparing meals a real joy. A double sink with a separate rinse/drain compartment adds a touch of class.
A complete inventory of dishes, glasses, pots and pans, silverware and cooking utensils is included.
Each hull boasts 2 double en-suite staterooms.
Starboard is a mirror image of port.
The aft staterooms have queen size beds, hanging clothes lockers, and room for all your personal items. There is a large storage compartment under the bed accessible
Through the doors at the foot of the bed, or by lifting the entire bed, effortlessly, with the help of the built in gas struts. Two opening port lights create flow through air ventilation. 3 x 12v lighting and 1 x fan in each stateroom.
In the forepeaks are crew quarters and another head with manual toilet, shower, and lots of storage.
Large en-suite heads have separate glass shower enclosures, electric toilets, two opening ports, stainless steel faucets, Corian counter tops and nicely trimmed
The forward staterooms have the same attributes as the aft staterooms, but, also include a ?vanity? dressing area, two cabinets set at 45 degrees with large mirrored doors
The forward heads also have separate glass shower enclosures, electric toilets, Corian counter tops, and superbly finished cabinetry
- 4 x jabsco electric toilets with touch control
- 1 x samsung hdtv lcd flatscreen tv
- 1 x telefunken 12v hdtv w/dvd flatscreen tv
- 1 x cruise 200 fridge/freezer combo
- 1 x isotherm freezer
- 1 x isotherm cockpit fridge/freezer
- 1 x microwave (mirror finish)
- 1 x whirlpool four burner glass top stove
- 1 x euro-gas oven with rotisserie (mirror finish)
- 2 x 10 lb. Fiberglass propane tanks
- 1 x 10 lb. Fiberglass propane tank
- 2 x cruise air 16000 btu air conditioning units
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Mechanical and Rigging
Disclaimer : The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel/equipment. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.